Full-time role that can be local (in Auckland) or remote
Our aim is to support growing teams with infrastructure and API services. We provide easy to use infrastructure automation tools to reduce the amount of time development teams need to spend managing and deploying infrastructure. We also provide free mission-critical public services to various networks via our API service (providing over 100 million API requests each day).
On another hand, we’ve just launched a sister company that will be focusing on making the world’s decentralized data more accessible.
Every team needs to process and query decentralized data, we transform, index, and save this data to allow it to be used in more complex applications.
We’re all about helping others create new products that will help us transition to the web3 future.
About the Role
We’re looking for someone to join our growing engineering team as we build and improve our services on Substrate for the Polkadot ecosystem. Ideally, you’re a software engineer with interest or experience in ethereum and in solidity. As a core part of the team helping to build the future of the Polkadot ecosystem, you’ll be working on cutting-edge technologies and learning new skills along the way.
If working on challenging projects at the intersection of computer science and distributed systems excite you, then this is your role.
- Work as part of our engineering team building our SubQuery Network in evm contracts.
- Develop this new protocol in a public open-source manner to meet agreed technical and design requirements
- Manage and take an active role in our open source community, engaging in discussions so our delivered products solve real-world problems and are adopted by all
- Test and deliver your new work via automated pipelines to external contributors, review PRs, and own releases.
- Provide technical support and hands-on guidance on these projects to users, external teams, and communities
What we are looking for
- Has previous experience with blockchain technologies and Solidity (>=2yrs)
- Understand the theoretical background in distributed systems, such as consensus algorithms, as well as cryptographic fundamentals
- Good English written communication skills
- Highly self-motivated, ability to work autonomously and proactively
- Nice to have
- Higher education in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or relevant discipline.
Master’s degree is even nicer
- Experience with Rust
- Experience working with large open-source codebases as a leader, maintainer, or contributor
- Familiarity with Substrate and the Polkadot ecosystem
- Experience implementing blockchain consensus protocols
- Ability to author or co-author blog posts, whitepapers or other materials about your work
- Strong knowledge of a modern systems programming language, such as Rust, C++, or Go.
You can expect
You’ll be playing a critical role in one of the top Polkadot projects in the world implementing new blockchains.
To learn a huge amount from our team and about the thriving industry that we’re in
A flexible work environment where we trust our team with high degrees of autonomy
Huge development opportunities to build skills and connections that are valuable in our industry
New office in Eden Terrace at the top of the CBD with free team lunches every day
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com