EDR are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer with experience working with banking card processing (ideally on the issuer or processor side) to join our client’s engineering function.
Our client has been around for a decade but relaunched in 2021 as the first product of its kind: a platform that bridges the gap between traditional financial institutions and the digital currencies of the future.
They are building truly cross functional teams with full ownership of design, architecture, build, test, delivery and operations. You will collaborate closely with your fellow team members from the product, apps, design and QA communities of practice.
As a Senior Backend Engineer you will provide guidance and coaching around technical good practices as well as playing an active role in the Development Community of practice.
- Developing card application updates and providing technical support on the cards daily operations with the development team
- Designing, developing and deploying backend services with a focus on high availability, fault tolerance, low latency and security.
- 3+ years experience building and maintaining card programs, familiarity with card transaction processing and authentication methods with Visa and Mastercard; experience with digital wallets is an advantage
- Significant software engineering experience in Python
- Great teamwork and communication skills in English
- Understanding of microservice architectures, container based 12 factor apps and cloud native patterns around fault tolerance.
- Practical experience applying Domain Driven Design
- Experience building contract first services and adopting patterns and frameworks to enable appropriate automated testing at unit, contract, service and end to end levels.
- Experience building services that can be deployed on demand, quickly and with quality. Excellent understanding of CI/CD patterns and good practice.
- Experience working with a public or private cloud vendor
- Experience working in Finance is beneficial
- Experience with PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) Requirements and Certification process is an advantage
- AWS for all of our Infrastructure
- Python / Flask
- Fully remote work
- Flexible schedules
- 35 days PTO
- Competitive remuneration in USD + Shares options
- 2 global offsites per year
To apply or find out more, please send your CV/Resume to email@example.com and share times that suit you best for a 1:1 consultation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org